Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Joshua Tree


Well it's dead but I finally fulfilled a dream to find THE Joshua Tree over spring break. It was such a great experience. The kids and I drove for 19 hours to find it and it was a beautiful drive. Next time I will be sure to take three days instead of one. When we got there the kids were freaking out. I had to get Sis out of the car as she was asleep and the boys just went running. We had a fly over by an F-16 out of Edwards Air Force base and I brought some of the dirt home around it (I spread some of the dirt in our garden so now I feel like I'm partaking of part of a rock 'n' roll icon when I eat the salsa I made out of the tomatoes from the garden. Yeah...I'm a geek).

The best part was sharing that adventure with my kids. Next time Zabreskie Point in death valley.

1 comment:

  1. Forgot this. If you have an old cassette from the album open it up and check the mountain range and you'll see where the tree was. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete