Thursday, May 28, 2009

Machinery





I've always had this affection for old rusted machinery or machinery in general. I remember going on a family camp out once and finding an old carpentry plane. It sat on our family mantle for years.

Whenever I'm around rubbish piles outdoors I'm always looking for old things that have survived. It must be because old tools and machinery used to be made to survive and I miss that. It's a metaphor for life, making things that last.

Anyhow these are some interesting shots I've taken of that kind of thing. Some is old some is new but it seems to have some longevity. Hopefully the pictures do too.

4 comments:

  1. great pics Justin. u r really talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these ones. You've made something, that most people don't think is interesting to look at, very interesting to look at. What kind of a plane is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a stealth. I've started thinking I should go to Air Shows and start doing artistic pics of these beautiful planes. It might be a niche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that junk makes an awesmoe subject. Metal, rust, rivets - the best. I like the color in the first two it works so great. And the last two look awesome in BW - really cool!!

    ReplyDelete